It is the time of year where more people get sick with colds, flus and related infections. There are simple remedies that you can use to prevent and to treat colds when they arise.
- Zinc: Zinc is needed for the immune system to function. Zinc will be used up in your body with an infection and from stress. Take 50 mg of zinc picolinate for prevention and double the amount of you get sick.
- Vitamin A: This is a nutrient that is crucial for proper immune system function and is missing from the modern diet. Vitamin A palmitate is best. Take 10,000 IU for prevention with Vitamin D and K2. If you want a natural food form, take Green Pastures Fermented Cod Oil pills: https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Ice-Fermented-Cod-Liver/dp/B00F1FE5A0/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1549486562&sr=8-3&keywords=Green+Pasture+flavored+fermented+cod+oil+capsules
- Vitamin C: Take 1000 mg, 3 times per day for prevention. Vitamin C is essential for the immune system. If you are sensitive to regular C, get buffered C. Either version is best in capsules.
- If you get the start of a cold or flu, there is an amazing rem that can lesson its severity. It is called Yin Chiao. Take 6 of the pressed tablets every 2 hours for 8 hours at the start of cold or flu symptoms such as a sore throat, swollen lymph nodes or unusual achiness. After 8 hours, take 6 tablets 3 times per day up to a week as needed. It can lessen the severity of a cold or flu if it takes root. Here is the traditional remedy from China:
- If the cold or flu gets into your body and you are suffering from a sore throat or coughing, Loquat syrup will help. Take 1 tablespoon; 2-3 times per day as needed. This remedy is worth its weight in gold to keep around the house. Look for this one that has no preservatives: https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Herb-Loquat-Extract-Bottles/dp/B002N70V5C/ref=sr_1_7_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1549487065&sr=17&keywords=loquat+syrup